Online Magazine, Humor/satirical, Transformation themed.
Wildside was originally my plan to give the TF community a magazine that was in a way, designed for them by members of their own community. How successful the first two issues are/were is subject to debate. Overall, those that read it did in fact enjoy the idea and many have asked me if there was ever going to be more. I did intend for there to be more, however the main thing that prevented me from doing so was a lack of steady assistance. Issues will be for the most part PG-13 in rating. Most of the written content in issue one was done solely by myself (save one story), while the second issue had more contributions. I believe the one thing that worked well, and appealed to people, was the humor. Each article was written as though it was covering a real story and as if these kinds of things were for the most part normal occurrences in the world. This level of humor and surrealism is something I will not change or compromise on, for it is what makes Wildside what it is.
Now the general layout for the first two was standard article format (expose, round up, essay, & human interest), with fake ads, puzzles, stories, and teasers.
The new format will have all these things as well as ads (planing on having real ones for artists, writers and whatnot, which in turn I will cut or label the fake ads to avoid confusion), artist and/or writer interviews, reader Q & A, possible how-to (tips for artists/writers), Historical articles (going to myths, legends, old media [films]), and maybe contests.
In terms of content, everything has to relate to TF content in someway and no greater then PG-13 (though rating might change for special issues), however branch offs might be aloud in some cases if they fit a special theme of an issue. That being said, the following content will not be allowed for any reason: Anything that pertains to children, illegal actions, graphic sexual content, extreme violent content, excessive profanity, plagiarism, ect.
Issues will fall under the following types: Standard, Special, and Annual.
Standard will be just a normal issue, with animal themed TFs of any type popping up and maybe even non animal ones time to time. Issue one and two were both Standard issues by definition.
Special issues will have an over arching theme that ties everything more tightly together. These could be one type of animal, a special TF trigger, TG content, inanimate content, inflation, ect. Special issues are the only time PG-13 gets lifted and things can lean more towards and R or X rating depending on the content.
Annual issues will be once a year, and will feature two sections. Section one will be a pick of the top articles from staff or readers, the second will be a “From the Vault” which will be any left over stuff that didn’t make it into a normal issue for whatever reason.
Art Submission Guidelines:
• All art must be relevant to the current issues being worked on unless being submitted to the vault (full vault details below).
• Art, unless approved, for a special issue, or requested otherwise, must be PG-13 in content (nudity can bypass this if its artistic, tasteful or fits the theme)
• All submissions must be your own work (collaborations are fine as long as the other artist agree and are credited.) and no commissioning an outside artist and passing their work off as your own because “you paid for it”
• Photomanipulations must have a source credit.
• As with art, be relevant to the current issues being worked on unless being submitted to the vault, unless approved, for a special issue, or requested otherwise, must be PG-13 in content & finally must be your own work (see above about collaborations).
• All articles must be written in a style that matches their intention (example, a “human interest” must be written as a piece that appeals to the reader as something meant to invoke an emotional response like “better understanding the difference between a feline and a canine TF victim” where the article goes into the struggles, and issues they would face.) while holding on to the level of humor and surrealism lined out.
• While all submissions will be read and proof read, do take time to give them a once over before submitting, granted there are things that you might miss, it happens, but anything you catch saves the editor time.
• Submissions must be in English.
Issues will be worked on two at a time with a third worked on mildly in the background. One of the two main will be a standard while the other will be a special issue, the third will shuffle between special and standard.
The vault will be more or less the place anything finished or WIP will be stored until it is used for an issue in the future. Something is only placed in the vault when it does not fit into the current two issues being worked on, submitted just to be used at a later date, wouldn’t work in a standard issue, or requires more imput.
Once a week there will be a chat held on chat.deviantart.com/chat/Wilds… at which brainstorming, and touching bases on current progress. There will be an announcement each week of the date and time of these chats on the group’s page.
Questions or comments leave below.